Monday, October 25, 2010

You Call It Blog

For this project we went and bought lunch for a homeless man named Anthony. He was sitting just off the Circle downtown next to a Jimmy Johns and a Qdoba. We asked him if he wanted lunch and he just acted really surprised and said yes. We asked him if he wanted anything from either of those two restaurants. I guess he had never been to either of them cause he had no idea what they served. That was a bit We ended up buying him a burrito and then talked to him for a bit.
This was an extremely touching experience. It made me think about all the stupid things I care so much about when its not really even worth worrying about. It made me much more thankful for the life I have. Anthony's face looked kinda dull and sad when we walked up to him at first. When we left I definitely noticed he was smiling and there was much more joy in his expression. After we left we decided to do this every week for Anthony if we can find him or for some one else that needs it.

No comments:

Post a Comment